Saturday, August 1, 2009

Math Doesn't Suck

Who says math has to be boring and dry?

Now, thanks to Danica Mckellar, math can be fun and exiting! Take me, living proof: I hate math. More correctly, I hate some areas in math. Not all parts of math.
After reading Danica’s fabulous book, I am actually starting to ‘get’ math.

Before: When the dreadful 'm' word came up, I would run and hide, or make some excuse so I wouldn’t have to do it. “I feel sick”. “I’m doing something”. “I will.” And then promptly forgot about it.

Present: I delight in geometry, love circumference, and often write down an a problem in the margins of my papers.

Behold, a miracle has occurred!

When I would make a mistake, I would be mad, because it meant I had to redo the problem. Now I am disappointed purely because I didn’t get it right!

A miracle has come out of the sky in the form of Danica Mckellar’s National bestseller book, Math Doesn’t Suck! Read and rejoice!




No comments: