Friday, September 18, 2015

Cross my heart and Hope To Spy

More spy books! Just finished Cross My Heart And Hope To Spy by Ally Carter. Let me tell you, her books just keep getting better and better. For those of you who have bothered to make the long trip to the bottom of the page, you probably saw my review on I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You. Well, this is the second book in the series, and believe me they are good.

I kind of feel bad for Cammie, (the star of the story) because even though I would love to be able to track people, have a genius IQ, flip people (for extra credit) and go to school in an old mansion with dozens of secret passageways, Cammie has a minor wavy haired problem.. Now you’re probably thinking just why exactly do I feel bad for Cammie? I, being the generous, naturally kind person I am, will put you out of your misery.

I feel bad for Cammie because A) She got beat at her own game (she’s a pavement artist in training) by a boy from a mysterious school where (according to the picture of her dad and Mr. Solomon, their hot new teacher she found in her mom’s desk when she was snooping for clues as to what the curious term ‘black thorn’ meant) she and her roommates Liz (the all-new, modern Einstein), Bex ( the daughter of two M16 agents) and Macey, (the boy expert) suspect Mr. Solomon, who is teaching Covert Operations, was bred. Their suspicions are confirmed upon careful study of a copy of the picture Cammie found, where the word ‘Blackthorne Institute for Boys’ was located.

B) Cammie and her friends, being the spies they are, do a little, shall I say snooping. Imagine their surprise when they discover that boys are coming to an all girl’s school. Talk about a panic attack! Things only get worse when Cammie finds that her secretive tail is one of them- one of the Blackthorne Boys- who have come to stay at her school!

And C) she, well to put it nicely, doesn’t have much luck with boys in general. If she thought talking to a regular boy was hard, then she is in for a big surprise!





P.S. Found a great site for this book. If you want to check it out the site is http://gallaacademy.proboards.com/index.cgi

No comments: